Hixson Habitude

Hixson Habitude

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Good things to come

The first weekend of August, we took the opportunity to visit David's mom down south. While there Lucy's great-grandma C. gave her a bouncy ball, which Lucy discovered she enjoyed very much. Since coming home, we have spent quite a bit of time playing with it. It's a way of helping her use up some energy while using very little yourself.

On Sundays I try to capture a picture of Lucy in her dresses, and these are a couple.






I'm discovering that Lucy is growing up fast, which is probably why I'm more anxious about taking pictures of her. In a few days, I'll have new pictures of her 2nd birthday. Where has the time gone? I know it will hit me again when she starts school and so forth, but I'm just now trying to comprehend it.

Speaking of growing fast, I am now 34 1/2 weeks. These days I feel like I'm in the home stretch and a delivery is just around the corner, so I feel even more anxious to get things done before that day arrives. Even though I have kept a list of things that still need to be done, I feel scatter-brained. My panic is made worse by the fact that I feel wheezy while I'm working and I can't bend over anymore without experiencing all sorts of problems. So I end up taking a lot of breaks and using up precious time that I could be finishing my projects to get the house ready. Even so, I'm excited and ready to have this baby. As much as I'm trying to prepare everything, I know that I will never feel ready but I'll be content anyway.
This is technically me at 33 weeks, not 34, but it's close enough.

Next to come, Lucy's birthday and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment